Staff Accountant, Oaks, PA
Do you have a Bachelor’s Degree with a minor in Accounting?
Are you interested in exploring a career in public accounting?
Maillie LLP, a top 300 nationally ranked CPA firm with offices in Oaks and West Chester, PA and New Castle, DE. We are growing and looking to add staff in our Oaks, PA office.
You can explore different areas without being forced to decide what you like. Entry level staff accountants learn audit and tax. Our clients are privately held businesses and individuals who seek our expertise on a wide range of accounting and business issues. You get to see the whole picture and understand how business’ run.
Firm culture. We’re different. We’re not going to tell you what to do or like. You decide whether you would like to participate in charity events, join the softball team, come to tax season events, bring your child to “Take Your Child to Work Day,” throw a pie at our Managing Partner, come to the golf outing and holiday party, dress up for Halloween etc. You are unique and we’re cool with that. Some of our team members want to do everything, others want to do their work and go home, and some want to mix it up. Some are boisterous, some are shy. Respect and embrace people’s differences…that’s who we are!
Professional and personal development. Our commitment is to help each person fulfill their potential. It’s a two-way process that requires ongoing dialogue and it’s fun to help people realize their potential.
- Learn, understand and apply general accounting and audit procedures
- Learn, understand and tie out balance sheet and post/review client transactions
- Learn and prepare individual, corporate and partnership tax returns
- Learn and utilize firm accounting software
- Demonstrate professional, courteous client service
- Interact with employees, partners in a manner that cultivates trust, respect and fairness
- Proactively communicate concerns, issues and ideas
- Demonstrate ability to effectively complete responsibilities in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or B.A. or B.S. in other discipline with 18 credits in Accounting
- Excellent verbal communication and effective business writing skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency. Demonstrated success with s/w applications strongly desired
- Demonstrated desire to learn accounting principles and develop strong client relationship skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment…this is BIG! Our success is rooted in the commitment to help each other succeed!
Maillie offers an excellent total compensation package, health and welfare benefits including 401(k) and paid time off, opportunity to give back to the community and a work environment that includes professional development and lots of laughter!
Maillie is an EOE.