Tax Manager, New Castle, DE
Since 1946 Maillie LLP, a top 20 regional accounting firm has served as a trusted advisor to clients. Our expertise in tax has been the core of Maillie’s success. Continued growth has created an opening for a Tax Manager in our New Castle, DE office. This is an outstanding opportunity if you’re looking for collaboration, the opportunity to guide clients on complex matters, and grow our office in New Castle. There is potential for significant growth in this position.
• Serves as a key member of the tax department. Provide leadership, strategy, and potential business development opportunities for the New Castle, DE office
• Provide research on a variety of complex issues. Collaborate with partners and other leaders to deliver guidance to clients
• Performs technical review on partnership, corporate, estate and complex individual returns
• Guides staff in the preparation of tax returns and supports their professional development through training opportunities
• Demonstrates success managing client engagements through strong relationship skills, proficient time management and effective use of firm resources
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA license strongly preferred, EA required without a CPA license
• Minimum of 7 years of public accounting experience
• Strong technical skills pertaining to tax preparation and review, tax compliance, agency correspondence and tax research.
• Client-focused with the ability to employ a consultative and client-focused approach.
• A demonstrated ability to self-direct and effectively organize, prioritize and manage multiple engagements and tight deadlines.
• Ability to attract and develop profitable, sustainable client relationships.
• Excellent analytical, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
Maillie LLP is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We offer a comprehensive total compensation package and excellent opportunity for advancement. Check out our website, Maillie.com, LinkedIn, Instagram and FB.