Excelling in Governmental Accounting
We understand your unique challenges and provide solutions that work. Please contact us and we'll be glad to discuss any of your organization’s needs.
Maillie LLP brings unparalleled expertise to its government work. Our firm has more than 30 years of specialized experience in the governmental sector, and we have a team dedicated to this industry. We are an AICPA Governmental Audit Quality Center Member and our in-house continuing professional education program exceeds the training requirements established by the U.S. General Accounting Office.
Counties, townships, boroughs, school districts, municipal authorities and other government entities face a continual challenge in juggling responsibilities and resources. While needs increase for goods and services, so do demands for cost control and greater monetary accountability to citizens, and federal, state and county authorities. As one of the largest regional providers of government-focused audit and accounting services in Pennsylvania, Maillie LLP helps government agencies achieve balance.
- Audits performed in accordance with Government Auditing Standards
- Single audits performed in accordance with OMB Circular A-133
- Accounting and reporting disclosures specific to governmental entities, including pensions, OPEB (other post-employment benefits), derivatives and debt compliance
- Accounting and internal control system design and implementation
- Consulting services regarding issuance of debt instruments, debt refinancing and long-range financial planning.
- Cost allocation plan audits and plan review
- Compliance requirements for a wide variety of federal programs
- Annual reporting requirements with the Pennsylvania Department of Community & Economic Development
- Data Collection Form submission to the Federal Audit Clearinghouse
- Federal, state and local laws and regulations affecting our governmental clients
- Rules and Regulations of the Pennsylvania Department of Education relative to School Districts and Charter Schools
- Program audit reporting requirements for various grant programs and grantor agencies